Business Software Architect - IS Financial Planning (REMOTE)
Edward Jones is seeking a dedicated and motivated Business Software Architect to help lead our Digital Branch Experience solutions for our firm initiatives into the future.
· You will be responsible for leading Digital Branch Experience efforts to align business solutions and product value delivery to our enterprise strategies, technology roadmap, and digital transformation.
· You will guide and mentor agile teams on architecture, design, and integration of business software across multiple product platforms while making sure all application software is built with Performance and Scalability in mind.
· You are a member of a leadership group leading this product space where you will need to collaborate with Product Managers, Product Owners, agile delivery teams and other architects across multiple Product Platforms.
· You will help review current application software and processes to help mitigate technical debt and streamline processes to be more efficient and effective.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Missouri, St. Louis, Arizona, Tempe
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
**Home based Associate?:**
**Awards and Accolades:**
+ FORTUNE 2020 – Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
+ From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
+ Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
+ 2020 Corporate Equality Index – Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
+ Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list – the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
+ Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
+ The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified™ organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firm’s 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
**Search Headquarters Positions by Area of Interest:**
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Management Information Systems preferred or related work experience.
· Minimum 10 years of experience across multiple technology areas.
· 7+ years designing, developing and delivering application solutions for enterprise level development and integration projects.
· Practical knowledge of Microservices and designing/building REST APIs
· Experience with industry standard tools: Spring Boot, Spring Framework, JUnit, Gradle and Maven
· Familiar with sql and no-sql database solutions.
· Experience with Linux containerization, PaaS, or Cloud technologies preferred.
· Must be able to solve technical challenges in critical situations that require immediate resolution.
· Proficient in problem solving through root cause analysis using industry standard tools.
· Provides direction and technical leadership; creates strong team environment and builds technical skills through training and mentoring.
· Establish and maintain effective relationships across departments, business areas, and vendors. Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to multi-task and participate in multiple large and complex efforts or projects.
· Embraces change and consider different approaches to issues.
· Takes personal responsibility to improve processes and systems.
· Knowledge of financial services industry is a plus.